Saturday, September 18, 2010

Day 4

Day 4

Well I was excited to continue after my lil snafu with the battery. I took off a lil later today as I needed a rest from the previous day being a long one but also a rewarding one in the sense that the local Montana residents and the Cannonballer's helped out a person who was in need. Bill on his helix rode 60 miles round trip to get me a battery. The local people gave me powdered donuts, jelly orange slices and the name of the local scooter shop.
So I was all packed up and ready to go but when I gave my scooter gas it would not go! I go a jump from a local at the gas station but it soon died after…

Same symptoms as yesterday…

When I since have come to find out that the regulator/rectifier was bad and my battery which I had been running down with accessories before the Cannonball put too much recharge on the system so it was not recharging. I had just left the film crew about 30 min previous so I called them. They had an extra space on the trailer so they drove back the 50 miles to give me a lift so I could get the scoot to the end of toys route. I am not the only one who has been getting these mechanical gremlins. We are pushing these scooter to limits that they are not supposed to do and when you do that things WILL break .

So I rode with the film crew for the rest of the day and got the needed rest along the way...

No comments: